Troubleshooting: Managing licenses
To install the license, a
license.key file needs to be added to the
/data folder of Linkurious Enterprise.
In the case of a Linux, Windows or Mac OS systems, the license is generated, downloaded and installed automatically with the zip file. No extra step is needed.
When installing with Docker the process has to be done manually. To achieve this:
- If it doesn't already exist, create a folder with the same name as the already created data volume (
lke-datain our documentation example).
- From get.linkurio.us, download the
- Copy the
license.keyfile inside the previously created folder (
lke-datain our example).
- Go to
/datafolder in Linkurious Enterprise
- Open the
license.keyfile with a text editor
- Copy the base64 string in the license field, decode it (https://www.base64decode.org/)
- The endDate field is the expiration date in the form of a timestamp (https://www.epochconverter.com/)
If your license with Linkurious has expired, please contact the sales team of Linkurious.
In case your license has already been renewed, you can update the license. To achieve this, either:
- Update Linkurious Enterprise to the latest version. It will automatically update the license.
- Or, download the
license.keyfile from get.linkurio.us. Copy the
license.keyfile to the
/datafolder of your Linkurious Enterprise current instance (deleting the existing
Note: if using Docker please follow the guideline in the install the license section