What is a plugin?
A plugin is software running on top of Linkurious Enterprise extending its capabilities. For example, a plugin that adds the functionality of importing your data to Linkurious Enterprise via CSV files.
What is an official Linkurious Enterprise plugin?
Official plugins are plugins built, distributed, and maintained by Linkurious team. Customers and 3rd party developers can easily create their own plugins using our detailed Plugins Development Guide.
What are the currently available official Linkurious Enterprise Plugins?
- CSV Importer: A tool for importing data into your data source quickly from a CSV file.
- Data table plugin: Get results of a query in a table.
- Image export plugin: Export visualization as an image file for printing or presentations.
What do I need to get started installing a plugin?
You need to be able to add files to the "data" folder of Linkurious Enterprise and have a basic understanding of JSON files. You also need admin access to Linkurious Enterprise to make the configuration and start/restart plugins. Usually plugins are triggered by custom actions, so you need to be able to create custom actions so users can easily access the plugin.
How do I install plugins?
Make sure to have write access to the folder of Linkurious Enterprise as well as a Linkurious admin account.
- Download the plugin you need to install (
.lke file) by accessing the
Releasespage on github
- Copy the
.lkefile to the following path
- From the Linkurious Enterprise dashboard, go to
Admin -> Global configuration
- Scroll to the
- Add a space at the end of the
- Click "Save". This will install your new plugin and restart the plugins service. Other plugins will all be put on hold while this is happening.
- Refresh the
Global configurationand find the name of your plugin in the
- To configure the plugin, consult the
You can configure multiple instances of a single plugin by adding a new JSON object to the plugin's array.
If you need to uninstall a plugin, simply erase the JSON object from the
Plugins settings section. You may start by deleting the
.lke file before removing the configuration if no more instances are to be configured. Otherwise, the configuration will be added automatically as if you where installing for the first time.
How do I install official plugins while using Linkurious Enterprise under Docker
If you are using Docker, plugins can be installed by setting the
variable like this:
You can choose from the following plugin-names:
What do I need to be able to use the plugin?
Once installed and configured, any Linkurious Enterprise authenticated user can use the plugin. We recommend configuring a custom action in Linkurious Enterprise to avoid building the link to the plugin manually.
Are plugins compatible with all versions of Linkurious Enterprise?
Compatibility is mentioned on the download page of each plugin. You can easily identify that by looking at the minimal and maximal supported Linkurious Enterprise version.
What can I expect about maintenance and bug fixes?
If you are facing problems with a plugin follow the next steps:
- Make sure you are running the latest supported version of Linkurious Enterprise.
- Make sure you are running the latest version of the plugin.
If you are still facing problems, please get in touch with support while keeping this in mind:
- Compare your Linkurious Enterprise version to the min-max allowed versions for the plugin.
- If the version is within the supported range, the policy will be:
- Beta version: best effort.
- Stable version: fix functionally impacting bugs (timeliness depends on the severity).
- Maintenance version: fix only critical bugs.